TAG Oil Ltd. News Alert
Question 7: Gareth Hughes to the Minister of Energy and Resources (29 Feb 2012, NZ)
The Big Fix – Behind the Deepwater Horizon Gulf Oil Spill (Dec 2011)
Economics of Shale Gas, presented by Deborah Rogers (Jan 2012)
The official trailer for Gaslands, the film that sparked an international uproar. Gaslands 2 is out soon.
Check out these important documentaries / radio interviews also:
- The Sky is Pink – New Anti-Fracking Film by Josh Fox (18mins), 20 June 2012
- Close Encounters’ with gas well pollution (9 mins): NPR radio, 15 May 2012
- Fracking Ideas (52 mins): Radio NZ on 18 March 2012
- Rural Taranaki horrified by fracking (7.5 mins): 3 News coverage on 9 Feb 2012.
- Gas trader quit because he can’t make 300% profit (25 min): a great talk show re the false economics of gas and fracking (USA)
- Split Estate (trailer 3 min): An eye-opening examination of the consequences and conflicts that can arise between surface land owners in the western United States, and those who own and extract the energy and mineral rights below.
- The Pipe: On a small Irish farming and fishing community resisting the construction of a major oil pipeline and processing plant in their territory.
- Secret of the Seven Sisters (1 of 4 episodes re the world’s 7 largest energy companies, each 60 minutes long)
For a bit of fun / black humour, watch these:
- Safe fracking (USA, 23 Oct 2010)
- Stephen Colbert Skewers Talisman Energy Over Gas Fracking Coloring Book (USA, 12 July 2011)
- Clark and Dawe on the US oil spill (ABC TV, Australia 4 June 2010)
- A Concern for the Whale – Clarke and Dawe (ABC TV, Australia 24 June 2010)
- BP Oil Spill Spoof Parody Commercial Funny Gulf Coast Comedy (USA 18 July 2010)
Photos of flaring at NZ Energy Corporation’s Copper Moki wellsite, taken by S Roberts (3 June 2012).
Photos of Todd Energy’s Mangahewa C well site (right) inland from Waitara and Greymouths’ well site and flare (left), courtesy of local resident M Smith.
Photos from the Day of Action Rally to commemorate the first anniversary of the Deep Sea Horizon oil spill in Gulf of Mexico (New Plymouth, 20 April 2011):