Taranaki resident Jeanette Wilson is deeply upset about the way Shell Todd Oil Services (STOS) has proceeded with their seismic surveys across much of south Taranaki, in search for more oil and gas. According to the Crown Minerals Act section 53(2) companies must obtained written consent from “each owner and occupier of the land” before they could prospect, explore or mine on the land. Yet STOS had never sought Jeanette’s consent, having gotten her husband to sign. Read the rest of this entry »
- The ETS has not reduced greenhouse gas emissions
- The ETS should not be the main policy tool for reducing emissions
- The ETS offers perverse subsides to polluters
- Carbon credits are permits to pollute and the ETS is little more than a scam
- We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them
More on the above, read our submission to the Ministry for the Environment.